4th Global symposium for Dietary Therapies for Epilepsy and other Neurological Disorders for Health Care Professionals
Following the 1st Global Symposium held in Phoenix USA April 2008, the 2nd in Edinburgh October 2010 and the 3rd in Chicago USA September 2012, we are delighted to welcome this meeting back to the UK, 7th – 10th October 2014 in Liverpool, England.
The fundamental goals of this symposium are:
· To share up-to-date information on the rapidly expanding topic of Ketogenic Dietary Therapies.
· To define the important clinical and research questions that should be pursued in the future.
· This symposium will provide a forum for extended discussions regarding practical, clinical implementation, surveillance of adverse effects and importantly, a critical look at basic cellular and molecular mechanisms that could account for the anticonvulsant and neuro-protective effects of all dietary treatments available.
WHO IS IT FOR
Paediatric Neurologists & Epileptologists, Adult Neurologists & Epileptologists, Oncologists, Research Scientists, Nurses, Dietitians and other allied health professionals.
Attendees will have the opportunity to share information and establish clinical and research collaborations. This spirit of co-operation constitutes the core rationale for this international symposium.
Credits and CED are pending.
Abstract submissions are invited for poster presentations for consideration by the scientific committee. These should be emailed to email@example.com in the first instance. Submission deadline 30th April 2014.
Poster Abstracts should be no longer than 300 words and the poster size presented should be A0 Size Portrait (46.8 inch x 33.1 inch/1189mm x 841mm).
We are pleased to announce that a Matthew’s Friends prize of £500 will be awarded to the winning centre with the most informative poster, as voted for by the scientific advisory committee.
Please Click Here for the Full Professional Programme Updated September 16th 2014
Please Click Here for Booking Information and Booking Form
Please Click Here for useful Additional Information (venue/hotel/travel) Updated 28th July 2014
Please Click Here for the full Family Day programme
· Register interest: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Tele: +44 (0) 1342 836571
· Fax: +44 (0) 1342 837792
· Mob: +44 (0) 7748 800438